Strauss-Kahn pimped out prostitutes in soundproof rooms
Paris: A French hotel, which is the alleged location of a sex ring coordinated by shamed former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn, bragged about its ``soundproof`` rooms, it has emerged.
An investigation by The New York Times has revealed that the Hotel Carlton de Lille, where Strauss-Kahn is accused of pimping out prostitutes to businessmen friends, boasted in its brochure of its ``charm and ``discretion`` and ``soundproof apartments``.
Strauss-Kahn was accused of knowingly using prostitutes paid for by two businessmen who were illegally using company funds to organise orgies in Europe and America.
Eight men were arrested in October including the hotel`s owner, director and head of public relations, as well as two of Strauss-Kahn`s businessman friends.
According to The Daily Mail, a person close to the investigation told the NY Times that ‘Strauss-Kahn never went to the Carlton, but he played a prominent role in the ring.’
The NY Times, which has claimed to have uncovered a cache of suggestive texts from Strauss-Kahn to friends, revealed that the French politician referred to women at the parties as ‘equipment’.
Strauss-Kahn, 62, last month was charged with ‘complicity in pimping in a vice ring’ and is now formally under ‘judicial control’, which means he cannot leave France and has to report to police regularly.
The offence of ‘complicity in pimping’ is aggravated if carried out within an organised gang and carries a maximum sentence of 20 years and a fine equivalent to GBP 2.4 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says