Strauss-Kahn pimped out prostitutes in soundproof rooms
Paris: A French hotel, which is the alleged location of a sex ring coordinated by shamed former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn, bragged about its ``soundproof`` rooms, it has emerged.
An investigation by The New York Times has revealed that the Hotel Carlton de Lille, where Strauss-Kahn is accused of pimping out prostitutes to businessmen friends, boasted in its brochure of its ``charm and ``discretion`` and ``soundproof apartments``.
Strauss-Kahn was accused of knowingly using prostitutes paid for by two businessmen who were illegally using company funds to organise orgies in Europe and America.
Eight men were arrested in October including the hotel`s owner, director and head of public relations, as well as two of Strauss-Kahn`s businessman friends.
According to The Daily Mail, a person close to the investigation told the NY Times that ‘Strauss-Kahn never went to the Carlton, but he played a prominent role in the ring.’
The NY Times, which has claimed to have uncovered a cache of suggestive texts from Strauss-Kahn to friends, revealed that the French politician referred to women at the parties as ‘equipment’.
Strauss-Kahn, 62, last month was charged with ‘complicity in pimping in a vice ring’ and is now formally under ‘judicial control’, which means he cannot leave France and has to report to police regularly.
The offence of ‘complicity in pimping’ is aggravated if carried out within an organised gang and carries a maximum sentence of 20 years and a fine equivalent to GBP 2.4 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks