Strauss-Kahn referred to women as `luggage`
New York: Former International Monetary Fund (IMF) president Dominique Strauss-Kahn has referred to women as ``luggage`` and ``equipment`` in texts sent to friends and the alleged pimps with whom he is accused of planning a string of debauched sex parties, it has been reported.
According to the Daily Mail, Strauss Kahn is facing charges of aggravated pimping in France, and has admitted to police that he used ``inappropriate`` language, according to a leaked transcript of his police questioning.
France’s Le Monde newspaper said interview transcripts showed Strauss-Kahn explained his language to police by telling them: ``The words in these texts were not very sophisticated, but it was easier to use one word than a whole list of names.``
Strauss-Kahn has confessed to attending sex parties but insisted he had no idea the girls were being paid to have sex with him.
His lawyers have accused the French newspaper of quoting selectively from the document and say intend to file a complaint.
Strauss-Kahn has been embroiled in a catalogue of sex scandals since he was arrested for trying to rape a New York hotel chambermaid in May 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba
- Forget Freedom 251, here comes another smartphone at Rs 501
- From Swift Dzire, to a BMW: It's dream come true, says PV Sindhu after receiving second car from Sachin Tendulkar
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package
- Kerala train derail: Services resume in Ernakulam-Thrissur route