`Strauss-Kahn settles sex assault lawsuit with maid`
Washington: Shamed former International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn and a hotel maid who accused him of trying to rape her have reportedly reached an agreement to settle her lawsuit, according to a source.
The person familiar with the case said Bronx Supreme Court Judge Douglas McKeon facilitated the agreement, which hasn`t been signed.
The deal would end a legal saga that forced Strauss-Kahn`s resignation as head of the IMF and ended his French presidential ambitions last year, CBS News reports.
The housekeeper, Nafissatou Diallo, claimed that Strauss Kahn attacked her when she arrived to clean his upscale Manhattan hotel suite in May 2011.
Strauss-Kahn, however, denies the charge, saying their encounter was consensual and called the lawsuit defamatory.
The French politician initially argued that he had diplomatic immunity from the lawsuit.
A judge turned down that claim in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply