`Strauss-Kahn settles sex assault lawsuit with maid`
Washington: Shamed former International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn and a hotel maid who accused him of trying to rape her have reportedly reached an agreement to settle her lawsuit, according to a source.
The person familiar with the case said Bronx Supreme Court Judge Douglas McKeon facilitated the agreement, which hasn`t been signed.
The deal would end a legal saga that forced Strauss-Kahn`s resignation as head of the IMF and ended his French presidential ambitions last year, CBS News reports.
The housekeeper, Nafissatou Diallo, claimed that Strauss Kahn attacked her when she arrived to clean his upscale Manhattan hotel suite in May 2011.
Strauss-Kahn, however, denies the charge, saying their encounter was consensual and called the lawsuit defamatory.
The French politician initially argued that he had diplomatic immunity from the lawsuit.
A judge turned down that claim in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'