`Strauss-Kahn settles sex assault lawsuit with maid`
Washington: Shamed former International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn and a hotel maid who accused him of trying to rape her have reportedly reached an agreement to settle her lawsuit, according to a source.
The person familiar with the case said Bronx Supreme Court Judge Douglas McKeon facilitated the agreement, which hasn`t been signed.
The deal would end a legal saga that forced Strauss-Kahn`s resignation as head of the IMF and ended his French presidential ambitions last year, CBS News reports.
The housekeeper, Nafissatou Diallo, claimed that Strauss Kahn attacked her when she arrived to clean his upscale Manhattan hotel suite in May 2011.
Strauss-Kahn, however, denies the charge, saying their encounter was consensual and called the lawsuit defamatory.
The French politician initially argued that he had diplomatic immunity from the lawsuit.
A judge turned down that claim in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing