Strauss-Kahn to pay $6 mn over rape claim
Paris: Former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn will pay $6 million in an out-of-court settlement to New York hotel maid Nafissitou Diallo who accused him of sexually assaulting her, France`s Le Monde reported Friday.
Strauss-Kahn`s and Diallo`s lawyers have refused to comment on the purported agreement and there has been no confirmation from the authorities.
Diallo sued Strauss-Kahn in New York civil court. He pleaded not guilty and said any sexual contact with the hotel maid had been consensual.
He called the lawsuit defamatory and countersued Diallo for $1 million.
Strauss-Kahn`s lawyers have repeatedly said they would not settle out of court while Diallo`s lawyers have insisted that their client is only interested in facing her "attacker" in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- WATCH: 'We'll come to India to take revenge of Babri Masjid, Gujarat and Muzaffarnagar', threatens ISIS video
- Cricket fraternity congratulates new BCCI president Anurag Thakur
- Watch – Transgenders trying to steal baby in Delhi's Pacific mall
- Coldness grows between Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif – former couple not to work together anymore?
- Did you know? India's first bullet train will run under water