Strauss-Kahn to pay $6 mn over rape claim
Paris: Former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn will pay $6 million in an out-of-court settlement to New York hotel maid Nafissitou Diallo who accused him of sexually assaulting her, France`s Le Monde reported Friday.
Strauss-Kahn`s and Diallo`s lawyers have refused to comment on the purported agreement and there has been no confirmation from the authorities.
Diallo sued Strauss-Kahn in New York civil court. He pleaded not guilty and said any sexual contact with the hotel maid had been consensual.
He called the lawsuit defamatory and countersued Diallo for $1 million.
Strauss-Kahn`s lawyers have repeatedly said they would not settle out of court while Diallo`s lawyers have insisted that their client is only interested in facing her "attacker" in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Monsanto lobbies with US lawmakers on Indian regulatory issues
- Another on brink of extinction: Northern spotted owl added to endangered species list
- This teen daughter of slain Indian Army captain will leave all Muslim-haters red faced – WATCH
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy
- China's top 500 firms report first revenue decline in 15 years