Strauss-Kahn to pay $6 mn over rape claim
Paris: Former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn will pay $6 million in an out-of-court settlement to New York hotel maid Nafissitou Diallo who accused him of sexually assaulting her, France`s Le Monde reported Friday.
Strauss-Kahn`s and Diallo`s lawyers have refused to comment on the purported agreement and there has been no confirmation from the authorities.
Diallo sued Strauss-Kahn in New York civil court. He pleaded not guilty and said any sexual contact with the hotel maid had been consensual.
He called the lawsuit defamatory and countersued Diallo for $1 million.
Strauss-Kahn`s lawyers have repeatedly said they would not settle out of court while Diallo`s lawyers have insisted that their client is only interested in facing her "attacker" in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH