Strauss-Kahn to pay $6 mn over rape claim
Paris: Former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn will pay $6 million in an out-of-court settlement to New York hotel maid Nafissitou Diallo who accused him of sexually assaulting her, France`s Le Monde reported Friday.
Strauss-Kahn`s and Diallo`s lawyers have refused to comment on the purported agreement and there has been no confirmation from the authorities.
Diallo sued Strauss-Kahn in New York civil court. He pleaded not guilty and said any sexual contact with the hotel maid had been consensual.
He called the lawsuit defamatory and countersued Diallo for $1 million.
Strauss-Kahn`s lawyers have repeatedly said they would not settle out of court while Diallo`s lawyers have insisted that their client is only interested in facing her "attacker" in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened