Strauss-Kahn tried to seduce French First Lady
Paris: Shamed former International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn once tried to seduce France`s new First Lady Valerie Trierweiler, but she snubbed him, a new book has claimed.
Strauss-Kahn, who is married to TV presenter Anne Sinclair, approached Trierweiler while she was working as a political reporter in Paris ten years ago.
He asked her, ‘and how is the prettiest journalist in Paris?`
Trierweiler, now 47, hit back swiftly, ‘I thought that was Anne Sinclair.’
According to The Daily Mail, the latest revelations have been made in a new biography by French journalists Raphaelle Bacque and Ariane Chemin.
The book, called Les Strauss-Khan, also recounts how former President Nicolas Sarkozy ‘laughed uncontrollably’ when told that Strauss-Kahn had been caught with prostitutes at a woodland orgy in Paris.
Strauss-Kahn, once tipped as the next president of France, then became embroiled in a catalogue of sex scandals after being arrested for trying to rape a New York hotel chambermaid in May last year.
After being held in New York prison, criminal charges were dropped and he returned to France only to face similar accusations of sexually abusing a young French writer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!