Strauss-Kahn wants to be questioned in new probe
Paris: A lawyer for Dominique Strauss-Kahn says the former IMF chief wants to be questioned by police so that he can debunk claims he was linked to a suspected hotel prostitution ring.
Lawyer Frederique Beaulieu says Strauss-Kahn "is asking to be questioned to put an end to these insinuations and extrapolations”.
The lawyer said on Monday that Strauss-Kahn expressed his wishes in a statement but has not yet been contacted by police.
Prosecutors in the northern city of Lille are investigating a suspected prostitution ring in France and neighbouring Belgium. The head of Lille`s luxury Hotel Carlton was among those detained.
The weekly Journal du Dimanche said Strauss-Kahn`s name surfaced in the investigation as a possible client.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'