Strauss-Kahn wants to be questioned in new probe
Paris: A lawyer for Dominique Strauss-Kahn says the former IMF chief wants to be questioned by police so that he can debunk claims he was linked to a suspected hotel prostitution ring.
Lawyer Frederique Beaulieu says Strauss-Kahn "is asking to be questioned to put an end to these insinuations and extrapolations”.
The lawyer said on Monday that Strauss-Kahn expressed his wishes in a statement but has not yet been contacted by police.
Prosecutors in the northern city of Lille are investigating a suspected prostitution ring in France and neighbouring Belgium. The head of Lille`s luxury Hotel Carlton was among those detained.
The weekly Journal du Dimanche said Strauss-Kahn`s name surfaced in the investigation as a possible client.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days