Strauss-Kahn’s ancestor ran a whorehouse in France
Paris: Former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn is descended from the owner of a whorehouse, a book has revealed.
The book, entitled “Le Tout-Politique” (All Politicians), revealed that the disgraced economist’s great-great-grandfather Leon Bricot was a violin teacher who also ran a brothel in Lons-le-Saunier, eastern France.
The highly embarrassing claims over Strauss-Kahn’s sleazy ancestry emerged after he was recently cleared of charges of trying to rape a New York hotel maid.
According to France Soir, book’s author Jean-Louis Beaucarnot said the ancestor spent his last days in jail after shooting a drunken sailor who was causing trouble in the hotel.
The book was published just days after French film producers announced they would make a porn film over the internationally publicised scandal that saw Strauss-Kahn accused of sexually assaulting Guinean hotel maid Nafissatou Diallo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged