Strauss-Kahn’s ancestor ran a whorehouse in France
Paris: Former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn is descended from the owner of a whorehouse, a book has revealed.
The book, entitled “Le Tout-Politique” (All Politicians), revealed that the disgraced economist’s great-great-grandfather Leon Bricot was a violin teacher who also ran a brothel in Lons-le-Saunier, eastern France.
The highly embarrassing claims over Strauss-Kahn’s sleazy ancestry emerged after he was recently cleared of charges of trying to rape a New York hotel maid.
According to France Soir, book’s author Jean-Louis Beaucarnot said the ancestor spent his last days in jail after shooting a drunken sailor who was causing trouble in the hotel.
The book was published just days after French film producers announced they would make a porn film over the internationally publicised scandal that saw Strauss-Kahn accused of sexually assaulting Guinean hotel maid Nafissatou Diallo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand