Strauss-Kahn’s ancestor ran a whorehouse in France
Paris: Former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn is descended from the owner of a whorehouse, a book has revealed.
The book, entitled “Le Tout-Politique” (All Politicians), revealed that the disgraced economist’s great-great-grandfather Leon Bricot was a violin teacher who also ran a brothel in Lons-le-Saunier, eastern France.
The highly embarrassing claims over Strauss-Kahn’s sleazy ancestry emerged after he was recently cleared of charges of trying to rape a New York hotel maid.
According to France Soir, book’s author Jean-Louis Beaucarnot said the ancestor spent his last days in jail after shooting a drunken sailor who was causing trouble in the hotel.
The book was published just days after French film producers announced they would make a porn film over the internationally publicised scandal that saw Strauss-Kahn accused of sexually assaulting Guinean hotel maid Nafissatou Diallo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Indian daughters' endeavours in Rio; demands all-round focus in sports
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat