Strauss-Kahn`s defence team to target maid : Report
New York: The defence team of former IMF
chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn is likely to question the credibility of a hotel maid, who has accused him of sexual assault.
Strauss-Kahn has already indicated that he plans a
consensual-sex defence, the Wall Street Journal said.
This tactic requires undermining the credibility of
the maid, a 32-year-old immigrant from Guinea, according to
"There`s not a lot of rocket science to this. They`re
going to be looking to discredit her," John Cutter, vice
president of the investigative firm Beau Dietl & Associates
and a retired New York Police told WSJ.
Strauss-Kahn, 62, allegedly forced the maid at the
Sofitel hotel in Manhattan to perform oral sex.
He was taken into custody a few minutes before his
Air France flight departed for Paris on May 15.
Defence attorneys for Dominique Strauss-Kahn asserted
in a letter last week to the Manhattan District Attorney`s
office that "were we intent on improperly feeding the media
frenzy, we could release substantial information that in our
view would seriously undermine the quality of the prosecution
and also gravely undermine the credibility of the complainant
in this case."
The New York Post reported that Strauss-Kahn`s defence
team employed Guidepost Solutions, a private investigations
firm run by ex-federal prosecutors, to cross-check every
statement in his accuser`s allegation.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- US presidential election takes shape; Trump, Clinton look all set for final battle
- This is how Jawahar Lal Nehru reacted when asked about rumours of his second marriage
- This picture of an IAS officer has gone viral on social media - know why
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016
- Four months after Pathankot terror attack, bodies of 4 terrorists buried