Strauss-Kahn`s defence team to target maid : Report
New York: The defence team of former IMF
chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn is likely to question the credibility of a hotel maid, who has accused him of sexual assault.
Strauss-Kahn has already indicated that he plans a
consensual-sex defence, the Wall Street Journal said.
This tactic requires undermining the credibility of
the maid, a 32-year-old immigrant from Guinea, according to
"There`s not a lot of rocket science to this. They`re
going to be looking to discredit her," John Cutter, vice
president of the investigative firm Beau Dietl & Associates
and a retired New York Police told WSJ.
Strauss-Kahn, 62, allegedly forced the maid at the
Sofitel hotel in Manhattan to perform oral sex.
He was taken into custody a few minutes before his
Air France flight departed for Paris on May 15.
Defence attorneys for Dominique Strauss-Kahn asserted
in a letter last week to the Manhattan District Attorney`s
office that "were we intent on improperly feeding the media
frenzy, we could release substantial information that in our
view would seriously undermine the quality of the prosecution
and also gravely undermine the credibility of the complainant
in this case."
The New York Post reported that Strauss-Kahn`s defence
team employed Guidepost Solutions, a private investigations
firm run by ex-federal prosecutors, to cross-check every
statement in his accuser`s allegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali