Stray bullet kills man after Eid prayers in Turkey
Ankara: A 32-year-old man died in Turkey on Sunday after being hit by a stray bullet fired at the courtyard of a mosque after Eid prayers, Xinhua reported.
The incident took place in Tekirdag province in northwestern Turkey.
Murat Serdar was hit in the head after performing prayers in the Karadeniz Mosque.
The bullet was fired by 40-year-old Turhan Samast, who surrendered to police after the incident. He told police it was an accident and that he was regretful.
Samast is reportedly the cousin of Ogun Samast, the convicted killer of Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink, who was shot dead in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing