Stray bullet kills man after Eid prayers in Turkey
Ankara: A 32-year-old man died in Turkey on Sunday after being hit by a stray bullet fired at the courtyard of a mosque after Eid prayers, Xinhua reported.
The incident took place in Tekirdag province in northwestern Turkey.
Murat Serdar was hit in the head after performing prayers in the Karadeniz Mosque.
The bullet was fired by 40-year-old Turhan Samast, who surrendered to police after the incident. He told police it was an accident and that he was regretful.
Samast is reportedly the cousin of Ogun Samast, the convicted killer of Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink, who was shot dead in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai