Stray bullet kills man after Eid prayers in Turkey
Ankara: A 32-year-old man died in Turkey on Sunday after being hit by a stray bullet fired at the courtyard of a mosque after Eid prayers, Xinhua reported.
The incident took place in Tekirdag province in northwestern Turkey.
Murat Serdar was hit in the head after performing prayers in the Karadeniz Mosque.
The bullet was fired by 40-year-old Turhan Samast, who surrendered to police after the incident. He told police it was an accident and that he was regretful.
Samast is reportedly the cousin of Ogun Samast, the convicted killer of Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink, who was shot dead in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid