Stray bullet kills man after Eid prayers in Turkey
Ankara: A 32-year-old man died in Turkey on Sunday after being hit by a stray bullet fired at the courtyard of a mosque after Eid prayers, Xinhua reported.
The incident took place in Tekirdag province in northwestern Turkey.
Murat Serdar was hit in the head after performing prayers in the Karadeniz Mosque.
The bullet was fired by 40-year-old Turhan Samast, who surrendered to police after the incident. He told police it was an accident and that he was regretful.
Samast is reportedly the cousin of Ogun Samast, the convicted killer of Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink, who was shot dead in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak