Stray dogs can be killed, rules Romanian Parliament
Bucharest: A parliament committee has
passed a draft law that says stray dogs can be killed.
Hundreds of animals rights` activists gathered outside
Parliament to protest the Tuesday decision. Protesters called
for stray dogs to be sterilised, saying it is cheaper and more
Romania has long had a problem with stray dogs, with
an estimated 30,000 of them in the capital alone.
Authorities say 1,500 people were bitten in the
capital during January and February.
In 2006, a Japanese tourist was killed by a stray dog,
and earlier this year, a woman was mauled to death by a pack
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day