Strengthening ties with India is important`
Washington: In a region where China has emerged as an economic power, it is important for the US to strengthen its relationship with India, a top Pentagon official has said.
"The economic engine that China is something we all have to pay attention to. There`s a big one in India and our growing relationship and strengthening relationship with India is critical," Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told the popular Charlie Rose show in an interview.
"Our growing relationship with Brazil -- obviously, in Europe, the broader Middle East, etcetera. And so, as we look to the future, I think that China will require more and more
of our focus," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Prime Minister wishes Goans on statehood day
- IPL 2016: Hilarious! When Umar Akmal congratulated David Warner-led SRH for winning Pakistan Super League
- London diaries: Saif Ali Khan, wifey Kareena Kapoor shopping at a departmental store – View pic
- I was told to slim down for 'Pearl Harbor': Kate Beckinsale
- Xiaomi launching Redmi 3A with 4,000mAh battery?