Strengthening ties with India is important`
Washington: In a region where China has emerged as an economic power, it is important for the US to strengthen its relationship with India, a top Pentagon official has said.
"The economic engine that China is something we all have to pay attention to. There`s a big one in India and our growing relationship and strengthening relationship with India is critical," Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told the popular Charlie Rose show in an interview.
"Our growing relationship with Brazil -- obviously, in Europe, the broader Middle East, etcetera. And so, as we look to the future, I think that China will require more and more
of our focus," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island
- I gossiped about Hollywood with Nathan Jones: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Tribal community members in Goa narrate their woes to Arvind Kejriwal
- Philippines and communist rebels start peace talks after truce
- Seoul, Washington kick off joint annual war game