Strengthening ties with India is important`
Washington: In a region where China has emerged as an economic power, it is important for the US to strengthen its relationship with India, a top Pentagon official has said.
"The economic engine that China is something we all have to pay attention to. There`s a big one in India and our growing relationship and strengthening relationship with India is critical," Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told the popular Charlie Rose show in an interview.
"Our growing relationship with Brazil -- obviously, in Europe, the broader Middle East, etcetera. And so, as we look to the future, I think that China will require more and more
of our focus," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA