Strengthening ties with India is important`
Washington: In a region where China has emerged as an economic power, it is important for the US to strengthen its relationship with India, a top Pentagon official has said.
"The economic engine that China is something we all have to pay attention to. There`s a big one in India and our growing relationship and strengthening relationship with India is critical," Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told the popular Charlie Rose show in an interview.
"Our growing relationship with Brazil -- obviously, in Europe, the broader Middle East, etcetera. And so, as we look to the future, I think that China will require more and more
of our focus," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi