Strengthening ties with India is important`
Washington: In a region where China has emerged as an economic power, it is important for the US to strengthen its relationship with India, a top Pentagon official has said.
"The economic engine that China is something we all have to pay attention to. There`s a big one in India and our growing relationship and strengthening relationship with India is critical," Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told the popular Charlie Rose show in an interview.
"Our growing relationship with Brazil -- obviously, in Europe, the broader Middle East, etcetera. And so, as we look to the future, I think that China will require more and more
of our focus," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog