Strike on Iran seems more likely now: Ex-CIA Chief
Washington: A former CIA director says
military action against Iran now seems more likely because no
matter what the US does diplomatically, Tehran keeps pushing
ahead with its suspected nuclear programme.
Michael Hayden, a CIA chief under President George W
Bush, says that during his tenure a strike was "way down the
list" of options. But he tells CNN`s "State of the Union" that
such action now "seems inexorable."
He predicts Iran will build its programme to the point
where it`s just below having an actual weapon. Hayden says
that would be as destabilising to the region as the real
US officials have said military action remains an
option if sanctions fail to deter Iran. Iran says its nuclear
work is for peaceful purposes such as power generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH