Strike on Syria may trigger attack on Israel: Iran
Moscow: Iran has issued a thinly veiled threat to Israel, saying that in the event of a US attack on Iranian ally Syria some groups may retaliate by striking the Jewish state.
Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian said at a briefing today that if the US launches a military strike against Syria, Israel would be under threat from "some groups and movements that have formed over the past two or three years." He didn`t elaborate.
He said Iran welcomes Russia`s initiative calling for Syria to place its chemical weapons under international control.
At the same time, he insisted that Iran has a proof that the chemical attack last month was launched by Syrian rebels, not government forces as the US claims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31