Strike on Syria may trigger attack on Israel: Iran
Moscow: Iran has issued a thinly veiled threat to Israel, saying that in the event of a US attack on Iranian ally Syria some groups may retaliate by striking the Jewish state.
Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian said at a briefing today that if the US launches a military strike against Syria, Israel would be under threat from "some groups and movements that have formed over the past two or three years." He didn`t elaborate.
He said Iran welcomes Russia`s initiative calling for Syria to place its chemical weapons under international control.
At the same time, he insisted that Iran has a proof that the chemical attack last month was launched by Syrian rebels, not government forces as the US claims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj