String of attacks kills 6 in Iraq
Baghdad: Iraqi authorities say a string of attacks have left at least six people dead, including a candidate in the upcoming provincial elections.
Police officials say gunmen attacked two military posts in the northern city of Mosul, killing a total of five soldiers and wounding three others. Mosul is 360 kilometres northwest of Baghdad.
In Baghdad, gunmen killed Salah Khabat, a candidate in provincial council elections, in a drive-by-shooting.
Hospital officials confirmed Sunday`s death toll. All of the officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorised to release the information.
Violence has ebbed in Iraq, but insurgent attacks are still frequent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened