String of blasts rock southern Thai town
Pattani (Thailand): Thailand`s military says
a dozen coordinated bomb attacks in the country`s insurgency-
plagued south have killed at least two people and injured
The military`s Internal Security Operations Command says
suspected Muslim insurgents detonated bombs at 12 spots across
the southern town of Yala, including a school, shops and
hotels. The explosions caused power outages.
The attacks today occurred on the anniversary of the 2004
suppression of an anti-government protest in Tak Bai in
neighbouring Narathiwat province.
Seven demonstrators were fatally shot and 78 others died
of asphyxiation after being piled on top of one another on
military trucks to be taken to a detention centre.
More than 4,700 people have been killed in the
southernmost provinces since 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ayodhya self-defence camp: Azam Khan slams Bajrang Dal, says its polarising society
- Facebook to shut down its desktop ad exchange 'FBX'
- Shutdown over 'sainik colony' affects life in Kashmir
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results declared, check www.tseamcet.in
- Bollywood actress Jacqueline supports UN campaign against illegal wildlife trade