String of blasts rock southern Thai town
Pattani (Thailand): Thailand`s military says
a dozen coordinated bomb attacks in the country`s insurgency-
plagued south have killed at least two people and injured
The military`s Internal Security Operations Command says
suspected Muslim insurgents detonated bombs at 12 spots across
the southern town of Yala, including a school, shops and
hotels. The explosions caused power outages.
The attacks today occurred on the anniversary of the 2004
suppression of an anti-government protest in Tak Bai in
neighbouring Narathiwat province.
Seven demonstrators were fatally shot and 78 others died
of asphyxiation after being piled on top of one another on
military trucks to be taken to a detention centre.
More than 4,700 people have been killed in the
southernmost provinces since 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das