Strong earthquake hits southern Taiwan
Taipei: A strong earthquake has struck southern Taiwan, causing minor property damage in a mountainous area near the coastal city of Pingtung.
There were no immediate reports of casualties.
Taiwan`s Central Weather Bureau says the quake struck at 10:35 am (0235 GMT) Sunday, about 19 miles (30 kilometres) from Pingtung. It says the quake had a magnitude of 6.1.
The US Geological Survey put the magnitude at 5.9.
Taiwan television showed pictures of minor damage in the Pingtung area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj