Strong earthquake hits southern Taiwan
Taipei: A strong earthquake has struck southern Taiwan, causing minor property damage in a mountainous area near the coastal city of Pingtung.
There were no immediate reports of casualties.
Taiwan`s Central Weather Bureau says the quake struck at 10:35 am (0235 GMT) Sunday, about 19 miles (30 kilometres) from Pingtung. It says the quake had a magnitude of 6.1.
The US Geological Survey put the magnitude at 5.9.
Taiwan television showed pictures of minor damage in the Pingtung area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie