Strong earthquake hits southern Taiwan
Taipei: A strong earthquake has struck southern Taiwan, causing minor property damage in a mountainous area near the coastal city of Pingtung.
There were no immediate reports of casualties.
Taiwan`s Central Weather Bureau says the quake struck at 10:35 am (0235 GMT) Sunday, about 19 miles (30 kilometres) from Pingtung. It says the quake had a magnitude of 6.1.
The US Geological Survey put the magnitude at 5.9.
Taiwan television showed pictures of minor damage in the Pingtung area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal