Strong earthquake hits southern Taiwan
Taipei: A strong earthquake has struck southern Taiwan, causing minor property damage in a mountainous area near the coastal city of Pingtung.
There were no immediate reports of casualties.
Taiwan`s Central Weather Bureau says the quake struck at 10:35 am (0235 GMT) Sunday, about 19 miles (30 kilometres) from Pingtung. It says the quake had a magnitude of 6.1.
The US Geological Survey put the magnitude at 5.9.
Taiwan television showed pictures of minor damage in the Pingtung area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre