Strong earthquake hits Taiwan
Taipei: An earthquake measuring 6.5 on the Richter scale hit sea off Taiwan`s eastern coast on Sunday morning, according to the island`s meteorological authorities. There was, however, no immediate report of any casualty or damage to property.
The temblor, which struck at 5.00 am (Beijing Time), had its epicentre 70 km southeast of the headquarters of Yilan (or Ilan) county authorities and a depth of about 62 km, Xinhua reported.
The Beijing-based China Earthquake Networks Centre, however, said it was a magnitude-5.9 quake, with the epicentre located at 50 km below the surface.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE