Strong earthquake hits Taiwan
Taipei: An earthquake measuring 6.5 on the Richter scale hit sea off Taiwan`s eastern coast on Sunday morning, according to the island`s meteorological authorities. There was, however, no immediate report of any casualty or damage to property.
The temblor, which struck at 5.00 am (Beijing Time), had its epicentre 70 km southeast of the headquarters of Yilan (or Ilan) county authorities and a depth of about 62 km, Xinhua reported.
The Beijing-based China Earthquake Networks Centre, however, said it was a magnitude-5.9 quake, with the epicentre located at 50 km below the surface.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed