Strong earthquake rocks eastern Indonesia
Jakarta: A strong earthquake has rocked part of Indonesia`s eastern Papua island, causing panic among residents.
Reports on injuries were not immediately available, but local television says at least one building collapsed.
Friday`s quake came as Indonesia is still recovering from another, more powerful earthquake on western Sumatra island that killed more than 1,000 people last month.
The Indonesia`s Meteorology and Geophysics Agency says Friday`s magnitude-6.0 earthquake was centred about nine miles southeast of Manokwari in West Papua province. The US Geological Survey says the quake was at a depth of about 22 miles (35 kilometres).
Local MetroTV reported that the quake caused at least one building to collapse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead