Strong quake rattles remote Antarctica
Washington: A strong and shallow
6.5-magnitude earthquake rocked the remote South Shetland
Islands region in Antarctica on Sunday, experts from the US
Geological Survey said.
The epicentre of the quake was at a depth of one
kilometre, some 464 kilometres west of Coronation Island, the
USGS said. No destructive tsunami was created, according to
the US warning centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan