Student shoots self in Ohio classroom: Authorities
Cincinnati: A student at an all-male parochial high school pulled out a gun in a classroom this morning and shot himself in an apparent suicide attempt, police said.
The youth was taken to a hospital with a self-inflicted wound, police said. There apparently was no threat to other students at La Salle High School, a private school west of Cincinnati that was put on lockdown as a precaution, police said.
At around 8 am, "a student produced a gun inside one of the classrooms and shot himself, and we`re dealing with that now," Police Chief Bart West said.
West said the student apparently was trying to kill himself, but he had no other information on why he fired the shot. He said authorities weren`t aware of any threats made concerning the school. Authorities said all other students were safe.
Students were gathered in the school gym, and school officials said parents could take their children home if they wanted to.
A school official said counselors were meeting with students, and officials were talking to students to try to learn what had happened.
"We just ask that you pray for him and his family," said Greg Tankersley, La Salle`s director of community development. "It`s a tragic situation for this young man."
He said he wouldn`t release other information about the student at this point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport