Student shoots self in Ohio classroom: Authorities
Cincinnati: A student at an all-male parochial high school pulled out a gun in a classroom this morning and shot himself in an apparent suicide attempt, police said.
The youth was taken to a hospital with a self-inflicted wound, police said. There apparently was no threat to other students at La Salle High School, a private school west of Cincinnati that was put on lockdown as a precaution, police said.
At around 8 am, "a student produced a gun inside one of the classrooms and shot himself, and we`re dealing with that now," Police Chief Bart West said.
West said the student apparently was trying to kill himself, but he had no other information on why he fired the shot. He said authorities weren`t aware of any threats made concerning the school. Authorities said all other students were safe.
Students were gathered in the school gym, and school officials said parents could take their children home if they wanted to.
A school official said counselors were meeting with students, and officials were talking to students to try to learn what had happened.
"We just ask that you pray for him and his family," said Greg Tankersley, La Salle`s director of community development. "It`s a tragic situation for this young man."
He said he wouldn`t release other information about the student at this point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US