Students rescued in Chiba after boats capsize
Chiba (Japan): Some 35 senior high school students were rescued today morning after the boats in which they were rowing capsized on a river in Chiba Prefecture near Tokyo, police said.
Six of them were hospitalised with non-life-threatening injuries, they said.
Strong winds apparently caused several boats to capsize on the Kurobe River in the northeastern part of the prefecture, with some 15 students temporarily going missing, they said.
The students, members of boat clubs of some 10 senior high schools, were participating in a training camp, Kyodo news reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’