Students rescued in Chiba after boats capsize
Chiba (Japan): Some 35 senior high school students were rescued today morning after the boats in which they were rowing capsized on a river in Chiba Prefecture near Tokyo, police said.
Six of them were hospitalised with non-life-threatening injuries, they said.
Strong winds apparently caused several boats to capsize on the Kurobe River in the northeastern part of the prefecture, with some 15 students temporarily going missing, they said.
The students, members of boat clubs of some 10 senior high schools, were participating in a training camp, Kyodo news reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez