Students rescued in Chiba after boats capsize
Chiba (Japan): Some 35 senior high school students were rescued today morning after the boats in which they were rowing capsized on a river in Chiba Prefecture near Tokyo, police said.
Six of them were hospitalised with non-life-threatening injuries, they said.
Strong winds apparently caused several boats to capsize on the Kurobe River in the northeastern part of the prefecture, with some 15 students temporarily going missing, they said.
The students, members of boat clubs of some 10 senior high schools, were participating in a training camp, Kyodo news reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling