Students rescued in Chiba after boats capsize
Chiba (Japan): Some 35 senior high school students were rescued today morning after the boats in which they were rowing capsized on a river in Chiba Prefecture near Tokyo, police said.
Six of them were hospitalised with non-life-threatening injuries, they said.
Strong winds apparently caused several boats to capsize on the Kurobe River in the northeastern part of the prefecture, with some 15 students temporarily going missing, they said.
The students, members of boat clubs of some 10 senior high schools, were participating in a training camp, Kyodo news reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users