Students rescued in Chiba after boats capsize
Chiba (Japan): Some 35 senior high school students were rescued today morning after the boats in which they were rowing capsized on a river in Chiba Prefecture near Tokyo, police said.
Six of them were hospitalised with non-life-threatening injuries, they said.
Strong winds apparently caused several boats to capsize on the Kurobe River in the northeastern part of the prefecture, with some 15 students temporarily going missing, they said.
The students, members of boat clubs of some 10 senior high schools, were participating in a training camp, Kyodo news reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand