Sudan accuses Israel of attacking arms factory
Khartoum: Sudan Wednesday officially accused Israel of launching an overnight air attack on an arms factory complex in its capital Khartoum.
"Israel is behind the attack against Al-Yarmouk Arms Factory Complex yesterday (Tuesday) evening," said Sudanese Information Minister and government spokesman Ahmed Bilal Osman at a press conference here, reported Xinhua.
The official said a formation of four aircrafts carried out the air attack against the complex late Tuesday, adding that "the attack resulted in a partial destruction of the complex. The attacking planes have used a highly sophisticated technology to avoid anti-aircraft (fire)".
He further announced that two people were killed and another injured in the air strike.
Osman said his government maintains the right to respond to the attack. "We maintain the right to respond to what happened. It is true that we don`t have high military capabilities, but we will respond to this attack," he said.
"The government will adopt the followed measures in such cases. We will adopt the diplomatic means and escalate the matter to the UN Security Council," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next