Sudan accuses Israel of attacking arms factory
Khartoum: Sudan Wednesday officially accused Israel of launching an overnight air attack on an arms factory complex in its capital Khartoum.
"Israel is behind the attack against Al-Yarmouk Arms Factory Complex yesterday (Tuesday) evening," said Sudanese Information Minister and government spokesman Ahmed Bilal Osman at a press conference here, reported Xinhua.
The official said a formation of four aircrafts carried out the air attack against the complex late Tuesday, adding that "the attack resulted in a partial destruction of the complex. The attacking planes have used a highly sophisticated technology to avoid anti-aircraft (fire)".
He further announced that two people were killed and another injured in the air strike.
Osman said his government maintains the right to respond to the attack. "We maintain the right to respond to what happened. It is true that we don`t have high military capabilities, but we will respond to this attack," he said.
"The government will adopt the followed measures in such cases. We will adopt the diplomatic means and escalate the matter to the UN Security Council," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India