Sudan accuses Israel of attacking arms factory
Khartoum: Sudan Wednesday officially accused Israel of launching an overnight air attack on an arms factory complex in its capital Khartoum.
"Israel is behind the attack against Al-Yarmouk Arms Factory Complex yesterday (Tuesday) evening," said Sudanese Information Minister and government spokesman Ahmed Bilal Osman at a press conference here, reported Xinhua.
The official said a formation of four aircrafts carried out the air attack against the complex late Tuesday, adding that "the attack resulted in a partial destruction of the complex. The attacking planes have used a highly sophisticated technology to avoid anti-aircraft (fire)".
He further announced that two people were killed and another injured in the air strike.
Osman said his government maintains the right to respond to the attack. "We maintain the right to respond to what happened. It is true that we don`t have high military capabilities, but we will respond to this attack," he said.
"The government will adopt the followed measures in such cases. We will adopt the diplomatic means and escalate the matter to the UN Security Council," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video