Sudan Army denies bombing South Sudan refugee camp
Khartoum: Sudan`s military is denying that its forces bombed a refugee camp across the border in South Sudan.
Aid workers in the Yida camp and officials in South Sudan said military aircraft crossed the border and dropped bombs on Thursday in and around the camp. There were no casualties. The site is home to thousands of people who fled violence to the north in Sudan.
Sudan`s military spokesman, Sawarmy Khalid, said on Saturday that the accusations were based on "on erroneous information”. He said the Sudanese Army has no operations in the area. His statement was posted on the Army`s website.
South Sudan became independent in July, but there are fears of another war between the two sides because of lingering disputes over issues like border demarcation and the sharing of oil revenues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented
- Check rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in for Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared after 3 pm on May 28
- Mass rape video shocks Brazil as teen girl drugged, gang-raped by over 30 men in Rio
- Japan shares G-7 push for inclusive growth with Asia, Africa
- Medical experts want Rio Olympics delayed or moved due to Zika