Sudan building up air bases near S Sudan: US group
Nairobi: A US satellite monitoring group says that Sudan`s military is upgrading air bases near the border with South Sudan.
The report released on Friday came one day after officials accused Sudan of bombing a refugee camp in South Sudan. Four bombs fell in and around a camp called Yida in Unity State. No casualties were reported.
South Sudan President Salva Kiir said on Thursday that Sudan appears to be preparing to invade the south.
The Satellite Sentinel Project said on Friday that satellite imagery appears to show the enhancement of two air bases Sudan seized in Kurmuk from rebels in Sudan`s Blue Nile State. The group says the images show three helicopter gunships and an Antonov, the plane witnesses said was used in Thursday`s bombing run of the Yida refugee camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje