Sudan building up air bases near S Sudan: US group
Nairobi: A US satellite monitoring group says that Sudan`s military is upgrading air bases near the border with South Sudan.
The report released on Friday came one day after officials accused Sudan of bombing a refugee camp in South Sudan. Four bombs fell in and around a camp called Yida in Unity State. No casualties were reported.
South Sudan President Salva Kiir said on Thursday that Sudan appears to be preparing to invade the south.
The Satellite Sentinel Project said on Friday that satellite imagery appears to show the enhancement of two air bases Sudan seized in Kurmuk from rebels in Sudan`s Blue Nile State. The group says the images show three helicopter gunships and an Antonov, the plane witnesses said was used in Thursday`s bombing run of the Yida refugee camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head