Sudan building up air bases near S Sudan: US group
Nairobi: A US satellite monitoring group says that Sudan`s military is upgrading air bases near the border with South Sudan.
The report released on Friday came one day after officials accused Sudan of bombing a refugee camp in South Sudan. Four bombs fell in and around a camp called Yida in Unity State. No casualties were reported.
South Sudan President Salva Kiir said on Thursday that Sudan appears to be preparing to invade the south.
The Satellite Sentinel Project said on Friday that satellite imagery appears to show the enhancement of two air bases Sudan seized in Kurmuk from rebels in Sudan`s Blue Nile State. The group says the images show three helicopter gunships and an Antonov, the plane witnesses said was used in Thursday`s bombing run of the Yida refugee camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves