Sudan files UN complaint over Chad `air raid`
Khartoum: Sudan has lodged a complaint
against Chad with the UN Security Council, after accusing its
neighbour of bombing targets in Darfur last week, state media
reported on Monday.
Sudan said two Chadian aircraft bombed the Umm Dukhun
area of West Darfur state on Thursday, an area believed to be
the base for Chadian rebels opposed to the rule of President
Idriss Deby Itno.
"Sudan has delivered to the UN Security Council a
complaint against the Chadian violations and the repeated
aggressions," Sudan`s ambassador to the UN Abdul-Mahmoud
Abdul-Halim was quoted as saying by the state SUNA news
Abdul-Halim said Sudan retained the "full right to
repulse such irresponsible acts," calling the alleged raids
"criminal and unjustifiable".
Reports of fresh conflict in the border region raised
fears of wider hostilities between the two neighbours,
although Sudan has said it will stick to previous agreements
unless threatened further.
Sudan also accused "some forces in the Security Council"
of supporting the reported attacks. He did not elaborate but
Chad`s former colonial ruler France, which is a veto-wielding
permanent member of the Security Council, has supported its
ripostes to rebel attacks in the past.
Ndjamena has denied Khartoum`s accusations, saying it
only bombed rebel positions within its own territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested