Sudan files UN complaint over Chad `air raid`
Khartoum: Sudan has lodged a complaint
against Chad with the UN Security Council, after accusing its
neighbour of bombing targets in Darfur last week, state media
reported on Monday.
Sudan said two Chadian aircraft bombed the Umm Dukhun
area of West Darfur state on Thursday, an area believed to be
the base for Chadian rebels opposed to the rule of President
Idriss Deby Itno.
"Sudan has delivered to the UN Security Council a
complaint against the Chadian violations and the repeated
aggressions," Sudan`s ambassador to the UN Abdul-Mahmoud
Abdul-Halim was quoted as saying by the state SUNA news
Abdul-Halim said Sudan retained the "full right to
repulse such irresponsible acts," calling the alleged raids
"criminal and unjustifiable".
Reports of fresh conflict in the border region raised
fears of wider hostilities between the two neighbours,
although Sudan has said it will stick to previous agreements
unless threatened further.
Sudan also accused "some forces in the Security Council"
of supporting the reported attacks. He did not elaborate but
Chad`s former colonial ruler France, which is a veto-wielding
permanent member of the Security Council, has supported its
ripostes to rebel attacks in the past.
Ndjamena has denied Khartoum`s accusations, saying it
only bombed rebel positions within its own territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand