Sudan files UN complaint over Chad `air raid`
Khartoum: Sudan has lodged a complaint
against Chad with the UN Security Council, after accusing its
neighbour of bombing targets in Darfur last week, state media
reported on Monday.
Sudan said two Chadian aircraft bombed the Umm Dukhun
area of West Darfur state on Thursday, an area believed to be
the base for Chadian rebels opposed to the rule of President
Idriss Deby Itno.
"Sudan has delivered to the UN Security Council a
complaint against the Chadian violations and the repeated
aggressions," Sudan`s ambassador to the UN Abdul-Mahmoud
Abdul-Halim was quoted as saying by the state SUNA news
Abdul-Halim said Sudan retained the "full right to
repulse such irresponsible acts," calling the alleged raids
"criminal and unjustifiable".
Reports of fresh conflict in the border region raised
fears of wider hostilities between the two neighbours,
although Sudan has said it will stick to previous agreements
unless threatened further.
Sudan also accused "some forces in the Security Council"
of supporting the reported attacks. He did not elaborate but
Chad`s former colonial ruler France, which is a veto-wielding
permanent member of the Security Council, has supported its
ripostes to rebel attacks in the past.
Ndjamena has denied Khartoum`s accusations, saying it
only bombed rebel positions within its own territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Ravichandran Ashwin surpasses Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev in most 'Man of the Series' awards
- Nigerian Air Force says kills top Boko Haram militants, leader believed wounded
- Amar Singh threatens to quit Samajwadi Party over insult by party leaders
- Congress MLAs suspended after Gujarat Assembly ruckus over Dalits
- Javed Miandad asks Misbah-ul-Haq to call off retirement plans to ensure Pakistan's future success