Sudan files UN complaint over Chad `air raid`
Khartoum: Sudan has lodged a complaint
against Chad with the UN Security Council, after accusing its
neighbour of bombing targets in Darfur last week, state media
reported on Monday.
Sudan said two Chadian aircraft bombed the Umm Dukhun
area of West Darfur state on Thursday, an area believed to be
the base for Chadian rebels opposed to the rule of President
Idriss Deby Itno.
"Sudan has delivered to the UN Security Council a
complaint against the Chadian violations and the repeated
aggressions," Sudan`s ambassador to the UN Abdul-Mahmoud
Abdul-Halim was quoted as saying by the state SUNA news
Abdul-Halim said Sudan retained the "full right to
repulse such irresponsible acts," calling the alleged raids
"criminal and unjustifiable".
Reports of fresh conflict in the border region raised
fears of wider hostilities between the two neighbours,
although Sudan has said it will stick to previous agreements
unless threatened further.
Sudan also accused "some forces in the Security Council"
of supporting the reported attacks. He did not elaborate but
Chad`s former colonial ruler France, which is a veto-wielding
permanent member of the Security Council, has supported its
ripostes to rebel attacks in the past.
Ndjamena has denied Khartoum`s accusations, saying it
only bombed rebel positions within its own territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill