Sudan forces `kill over 20 people` in South Kordofan
Khartoum: Sudanese paramilitary forces killed more than 20 people including women and children when they attacked a village in South Kordofan, the oil-producing border state`s deputy governor said on Thursday.
Abdelaziz al-Hilu accused Governor Ahmed Harun, who is from a rival party and will contest local elections against him on May 02, of "organising an attack by the Popular Defence Forces on my village, El-Faid Um Abdullah."
"They killed more than 20 people and burned between 300 and 500 houses in the early morning. Two women and four children were among those who burned inside the houses," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi