Sudan to hold presidential, legislative polls in 2015
Khartoum: Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir said Monday that the presidential and legislative elections in the country will be held in early 2015.
"We announce the holding of the general elections by early 2015," Xinhua quoted al-Bashir as saying when addressing the 8th session of the Sudanese National Assembly Monday.
"On this occasion, we call on the political forces to get ready for those elections and work to provide the suitable atmosphere to ensure conduct of transparent and fair polls," he added.
He noted that the government would hold a comprehensive dialogue with all the Sudanese political powers on the amendments proposed by the General Elections Commission to promote the electoral process.
Al-Bashir reiterated the importance of consensus on a permanent constitution for Sudan with the participation of all the political forces.
"We are keen to run wide consultation on the coming constitution to ensure unity of the ranks," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH