Sudan to hold presidential, legislative polls in 2015
Khartoum: Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir said Monday that the presidential and legislative elections in the country will be held in early 2015.
"We announce the holding of the general elections by early 2015," Xinhua quoted al-Bashir as saying when addressing the 8th session of the Sudanese National Assembly Monday.
"On this occasion, we call on the political forces to get ready for those elections and work to provide the suitable atmosphere to ensure conduct of transparent and fair polls," he added.
He noted that the government would hold a comprehensive dialogue with all the Sudanese political powers on the amendments proposed by the General Elections Commission to promote the electoral process.
Al-Bashir reiterated the importance of consensus on a permanent constitution for Sudan with the participation of all the political forces.
"We are keen to run wide consultation on the coming constitution to ensure unity of the ranks," he added.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Kerala law student rape and murder: Three detained by police
- WATCH: SHOCKING! When Ashish Nehra abused Mahendra Singh Dhoni for dropping Shahid Afridi's catch
- 58 weightlifters caught for doping last year: Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal
- PM Modi wants BJP MPs, ministers to highlight govt's schemes like LPG coverage, electrification of villages
- Tibet govt-in-exile in Dharamsala unpopular among Tibetans: China