Suicide attack kills 4 in northern Iraq: Official
Baghdad: Officials say a suicide car bomb in northern Iraq has killed at least four people.
A police officer says the bomber rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into a police patrol in a village outside the city of Mosul today morning. He says that three civilian bystanders and one policeman were killed, and six people were wounded. Mosul is 360 kilometers northwest of Baghdad.
A medical official confirmed the casualty figures. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release information.
With violence spiking sharply in recent months to levels not seen since 2008, al Qaeda in Iraq and other militant groups have been gathering strength in Mosul and surrounding cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!