Suicide attack kills 4 in northern Iraq: Official
Baghdad: Officials say a suicide car bomb in northern Iraq has killed at least four people.
A police officer says the bomber rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into a police patrol in a village outside the city of Mosul today morning. He says that three civilian bystanders and one policeman were killed, and six people were wounded. Mosul is 360 kilometers northwest of Baghdad.
A medical official confirmed the casualty figures. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release information.
With violence spiking sharply in recent months to levels not seen since 2008, al Qaeda in Iraq and other militant groups have been gathering strength in Mosul and surrounding cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Rio Olympics after-effects: Marathon runner OP Jaisha also tests positive for H1N1; hospitalised
- Hyderabad varsity JAC condemns judicial commission report
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump is taking far-right hate groups `mainstream`
- John Kerry arrives in Geneva for Syria talks with Lavrov
- Three killed in apparent crossbow attack in Canada