Suicide attack kills 4 in northern Iraq: Official
Baghdad: Officials say a suicide car bomb in northern Iraq has killed at least four people.
A police officer says the bomber rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into a police patrol in a village outside the city of Mosul today morning. He says that three civilian bystanders and one policeman were killed, and six people were wounded. Mosul is 360 kilometers northwest of Baghdad.
A medical official confirmed the casualty figures. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release information.
With violence spiking sharply in recent months to levels not seen since 2008, al Qaeda in Iraq and other militant groups have been gathering strength in Mosul and surrounding cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon