Suicide attack kills 4 in northern Iraq: Official
Baghdad: Officials say a suicide car bomb in northern Iraq has killed at least four people.
A police officer says the bomber rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into a police patrol in a village outside the city of Mosul today morning. He says that three civilian bystanders and one policeman were killed, and six people were wounded. Mosul is 360 kilometers northwest of Baghdad.
A medical official confirmed the casualty figures. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release information.
With violence spiking sharply in recent months to levels not seen since 2008, al Qaeda in Iraq and other militant groups have been gathering strength in Mosul and surrounding cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren