Suicide attacks in northern Nigeria, six killed
Abuja: Two police stations in a northern Nigerian city were hit by multiple blasts on Monday in what appeared to be coordinated suicide attacks.
The bombing shook the city of Sokoto where residents said they feared a high casualty in the attacks.
Police spokesman for the state was not immediately available for comments, and there were yet no details of how many were affected by the bombings.
One of the attacks was targeted at the office of the Assistant Inspector General of Police in the city at Marina area while the second set of blasts was at Unguwar Rogo Police station in the metropolis.
Witnesses said the bombings appeared to be a suicide attacks.
Northern Nigeria has been hit by a spate of violence, with a bulk of recent attacks being blamed on radical Islmaic sect Boko Haram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`