Suicide attempt ruled hooliganism in Siberia
Moscow: Taking one`s own life is supposed to resolve some existential questions - but all that a drunken Siberian man got out of a suicide attempt was the prospect of a $30 fine or two weeks in the slammer.
The unidentified native of the town of Berezovsky in Kemerovo region jumped out of a fifth-floor window in front of his wife and the police, news website Zakon-kuzbass.ru reported Thursday.
However, he landed in snow (it was minus 13 degrees Celsius in the area) and survived unscathed, the report said.
Showing dedication, he headed back to the fifth floor for a second try, but had to abort it because at this point, police detained him, the report said.
The inebriated man was shipped off to a police precinct and now faces charges of petty hooliganism, punishable with short-term arrest or a fine of up to 1,000 rubles ($33), Zakon-kuzbass.ru said.
It remained unclear when the case was to be reviewed by a magistrate.
The man appeared to be earning a reputation for suicide proclivity: Last October, he slashed his veins right in the lobby of his apartment building, but was saved by police, who diagnosed his alcoholism as the cause of his suicidal urges, Sibnet.ru news website said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!