Suicide blast at school kills student in Pakistan
Islamabad: A suicide bomber blew himself up outside a government school in Hangu on Monday, killing a teenage boy, officials said.
The incident happened in the Ibrahimzai area of Hangu district and has not yet been claimed by any group.
"A suicide bomber blew himself up near the main gate of a government boys school, killing a young student aged 14," district police chief Iftikhar Ahmad told AFP.
He said the boy sustained serious injuries and was rushed to hospital where he died. A local intelligence official also confirmed the incident.
The Taliban have blown up hundreds of schools, especially for girls, as part of a campaign against secular education in northwest Pakistan in recent years.
But it is not clear whether the latest incident is connected to the militant group or sectarian unrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly