Suicide blast at school kills student in Pakistan
Islamabad: A suicide bomber blew himself up outside a government school in Hangu on Monday, killing a teenage boy, officials said.
The incident happened in the Ibrahimzai area of Hangu district and has not yet been claimed by any group.
"A suicide bomber blew himself up near the main gate of a government boys school, killing a young student aged 14," district police chief Iftikhar Ahmad told AFP.
He said the boy sustained serious injuries and was rushed to hospital where he died. A local intelligence official also confirmed the incident.
The Taliban have blown up hundreds of schools, especially for girls, as part of a campaign against secular education in northwest Pakistan in recent years.
But it is not clear whether the latest incident is connected to the militant group or sectarian unrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof