Suicide blast at school kills student in Pakistan
Islamabad: A suicide bomber blew himself up outside a government school in Hangu on Monday, killing a teenage boy, officials said.
The incident happened in the Ibrahimzai area of Hangu district and has not yet been claimed by any group.
"A suicide bomber blew himself up near the main gate of a government boys school, killing a young student aged 14," district police chief Iftikhar Ahmad told AFP.
He said the boy sustained serious injuries and was rushed to hospital where he died. A local intelligence official also confirmed the incident.
The Taliban have blown up hundreds of schools, especially for girls, as part of a campaign against secular education in northwest Pakistan in recent years.
But it is not clear whether the latest incident is connected to the militant group or sectarian unrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside