Suicide blast at Tajik police office injures 25
Dushanbe: News reports say a suicide car bomb blast has torn through police offices in Tajikistan`s second-largest city, injuring 25 people.
The Interior Ministry confirmed that an explosion hit the offices of the police organised-crime division in Khujand on Friday morning. It did not give further details.
Russia`s state news agency RIA Novosti cited Interior Ministry Chief of Staff Takhir Normatov as saying that 25 people were injured. He said the bomber, who was killed, drove his car into the office compound`s gates when another vehicle was leaving.
Impoverished Tajikistan is plagued by crime. The country bordering northern Afghanistan is one of the main conduits for smuggling Afghan opium and heroin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you