Suicide blast at Tajik police office injures 25
Dushanbe: News reports say a suicide car bomb blast has torn through police offices in Tajikistan`s second-largest city, injuring 25 people.
The Interior Ministry confirmed that an explosion hit the offices of the police organised-crime division in Khujand on Friday morning. It did not give further details.
Russia`s state news agency RIA Novosti cited Interior Ministry Chief of Staff Takhir Normatov as saying that 25 people were injured. He said the bomber, who was killed, drove his car into the office compound`s gates when another vehicle was leaving.
Impoverished Tajikistan is plagued by crime. The country bordering northern Afghanistan is one of the main conduits for smuggling Afghan opium and heroin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez