Suicide blast at Tajik police office injures 25
Dushanbe: News reports say a suicide car bomb blast has torn through police offices in Tajikistan`s second-largest city, injuring 25 people.
The Interior Ministry confirmed that an explosion hit the offices of the police organised-crime division in Khujand on Friday morning. It did not give further details.
Russia`s state news agency RIA Novosti cited Interior Ministry Chief of Staff Takhir Normatov as saying that 25 people were injured. He said the bomber, who was killed, drove his car into the office compound`s gates when another vehicle was leaving.
Impoverished Tajikistan is plagued by crime. The country bordering northern Afghanistan is one of the main conduits for smuggling Afghan opium and heroin.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note