Suicide blast at Tajik police office injures 25
Dushanbe: News reports say a suicide car bomb blast has torn through police offices in Tajikistan`s second-largest city, injuring 25 people.
The Interior Ministry confirmed that an explosion hit the offices of the police organised-crime division in Khujand on Friday morning. It did not give further details.
Russia`s state news agency RIA Novosti cited Interior Ministry Chief of Staff Takhir Normatov as saying that 25 people were injured. He said the bomber, who was killed, drove his car into the office compound`s gates when another vehicle was leaving.
Impoverished Tajikistan is plagued by crime. The country bordering northern Afghanistan is one of the main conduits for smuggling Afghan opium and heroin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?