Suicide blast at Tajik police office injures 25
Dushanbe: News reports say a suicide car bomb blast has torn through police offices in Tajikistan`s second-largest city, injuring 25 people.
The Interior Ministry confirmed that an explosion hit the offices of the police organised-crime division in Khujand on Friday morning. It did not give further details.
Russia`s state news agency RIA Novosti cited Interior Ministry Chief of Staff Takhir Normatov as saying that 25 people were injured. He said the bomber, who was killed, drove his car into the office compound`s gates when another vehicle was leaving.
Impoverished Tajikistan is plagued by crime. The country bordering northern Afghanistan is one of the main conduits for smuggling Afghan opium and heroin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?
- Pakistan has started behaving like an enemy: JD(U)
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'