Suicide bomber blows himself in resort town of Tunisia
A man wearing a belt of explosives blew himself up on a beach near a tourist resort of Sousse near Tunisan capital of Tunis, reports said Wednesday.
The suicide attack near the tourist resort of Sousse occurred at 09:45 local time (08:45 GMT) near Riadh Palms hotel, and no-one was hurt except for the bomber, the BBC reported.
Sousse is resort town on the Mediterranean coast, situated south of the capital Tunis, and is popular with tourist.
Meanwhile, Tunisian police foiled another planned suicide blast outside the tomb of ex-President Habib Bourguiba.
Bourgouiba was known for havingh rescued the county from French rule, but he was deposed in 1987.
Tunisia, which is known for sparking the Arab revolution afer a fruit vendor named Mohammed Bouazizi immolated self, is struggling to tackle the unrest and improve its tattering economy two years after dictator Zine El Abidine Ben Al was overthrown in 2011.
Tunisia has been an inspiration for neighbouring Arab countries as the jasmine revolution here sparked similar revolutions in Egypt and other Mideast countries, however he country today reels from a high rate of unemployment.
The number of educated youth is on the rise and the employment on the decline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details