Suicide bomber held in Nigeria
Abuja: A major tragedy was averted on Monday in the Nigerian capital when a suspected suicide bomber was arrested from the office of the federal ministry of information here, a news agency reported.
The bomber was caught at the Abuja Radio House, where the ministry office is situated. He had with him several rounds of 7.7 mm ammunition and three Type-86 hand grenades, all concealed in a polythene bag inside a black bag.
The Radio House was preparing to play host to ministers during the May 29 Democracy Day.
James Akindele, chief security officer of the building, said the suspect was arrested at the main entrance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender