Suicide bomber in Iraq kills 2 police, wounds 19
Baghdad: An Iraqi official says a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden car into police patrolling a city north of the Iraqi capital, killing two police.
Shalal Abdool, the mayor of Tuz Khormato, says four police and 15 civilians were also wounded in the attack, 210 kilometres (130 miles) north of Baghdad.
Iraq has been experiencing one of its deadliest waves of violence in recent years, raising fears that the country is heading toward a new round of sectarian conflict like that which pushed it to the brink of civil war in 2006 and 2007.
The attack comes a day after suicide attacks, bombings and shootings killed at least 17 people across the country.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on