Suicide bomber in Iraq kills 2 police, wounds 19
Baghdad: An Iraqi official says a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden car into police patrolling a city north of the Iraqi capital, killing two police.
Shalal Abdool, the mayor of Tuz Khormato, says four police and 15 civilians were also wounded in the attack, 210 kilometres (130 miles) north of Baghdad.
Iraq has been experiencing one of its deadliest waves of violence in recent years, raising fears that the country is heading toward a new round of sectarian conflict like that which pushed it to the brink of civil war in 2006 and 2007.
The attack comes a day after suicide attacks, bombings and shootings killed at least 17 people across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre