Suicide bomber in Iraq kills 2 police, wounds 19
Baghdad: An Iraqi official says a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden car into police patrolling a city north of the Iraqi capital, killing two police.
Shalal Abdool, the mayor of Tuz Khormato, says four police and 15 civilians were also wounded in the attack, 210 kilometres (130 miles) north of Baghdad.
Iraq has been experiencing one of its deadliest waves of violence in recent years, raising fears that the country is heading toward a new round of sectarian conflict like that which pushed it to the brink of civil war in 2006 and 2007.
The attack comes a day after suicide attacks, bombings and shootings killed at least 17 people across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon