Suicide bomber in Iraq kills 2 police, wounds 19
Baghdad: An Iraqi official says a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden car into police patrolling a city north of the Iraqi capital, killing two police.
Shalal Abdool, the mayor of Tuz Khormato, says four police and 15 civilians were also wounded in the attack, 210 kilometres (130 miles) north of Baghdad.
Iraq has been experiencing one of its deadliest waves of violence in recent years, raising fears that the country is heading toward a new round of sectarian conflict like that which pushed it to the brink of civil war in 2006 and 2007.
The attack comes a day after suicide attacks, bombings and shootings killed at least 17 people across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Proud to be an Indian! This is how India inspires the world - WATCH this amazing ice dance video
- Deepika Padukone finds spot in world's highest paid actresses list
- Leak of documents relating to Scorpene submarines serious matter: DCNS
- Akshay Kumar cheers for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'
- Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi to visit India next month