Suicide bomber in Mali kills 5: Military
Bamako (Mali): The head of public relations for the Malian military confirmed that two Malian soldiers and three jihadists were killed during a patrol outside the northern Malian city of Gao, after a suicide bomber on a motorcycle detonated his explosive vest.
Lt Col Souleymane Maiga says the incident occurred yesterday at around 1:30 p.M. During a search in Amakouladji, located 45 kilometers north of Gao. The city of Gao was occupied for nearly a year by the al-Qaida-linked Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa.
Maiga said the unit spotted a suspected jihadist on a scooter and stopped him. While they were searching him, a car surged forward and opened fire on the soldiers. At the same moment, the jihadist on the motorcycle detonated his explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre