Suicide bomber kills 2 in northern Iraq
Sulaimaniyah: Police say a suicide bomber has killed two people after detonating his explosives-packed car near a bank where policemen were picking up their paychecks in the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk.
Kirkuk police spokesman Brig Gen Sarhat Qadir says 43 people were wounded in the Thursday morning blast, most of them policemen.
Qadir says a policeman and a civilian died in the blast.
Kirkuk is located 180 miles (290 kilometres) north of Baghdad. The city has for years been rife with tensions among Kurds, Sunni Arabs and Turkomen who all claim rights to the oil-rich land.
Meanwhile, two officials say a police officer was killed by gunmen driving by on a motorbike in Baghdad. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorised to release the information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack