Suicide bomber kills 7 Russian policemen
Rostov-On-Don: Investigators say a suicide bomber blew himself up at the funeral for a policeman in southern Russia, killing at least seven other policemen and badly wounding 12 others.
The funeral was being held at the home of an officer who had been shot dead the night before by militants in Ingushetia, one of the predominantly Muslim republics in Russia`s restive North Caucasus region.
The attack took place today morning as Muslims in Russia and around the world prepared for the feast that celebrates the end of the holy month of Ramadan.
An Islamic insurgency has spread throughout the North Caucasus, with militants staging near daily attacks on police and other authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read