Suicide bomber kills 7 Russian policemen
Rostov-On-Don: Investigators say a suicide bomber blew himself up at the funeral for a policeman in southern Russia, killing at least seven other policemen and badly wounding 12 others.
The funeral was being held at the home of an officer who had been shot dead the night before by militants in Ingushetia, one of the predominantly Muslim republics in Russia`s restive North Caucasus region.
The attack took place today morning as Muslims in Russia and around the world prepared for the feast that celebrates the end of the holy month of Ramadan.
An Islamic insurgency has spread throughout the North Caucasus, with militants staging near daily attacks on police and other authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples