Suicide bomber kills 7 Russian policemen
Rostov-On-Don: Investigators say a suicide bomber blew himself up at the funeral for a policeman in southern Russia, killing at least seven other policemen and badly wounding 12 others.
The funeral was being held at the home of an officer who had been shot dead the night before by militants in Ingushetia, one of the predominantly Muslim republics in Russia`s restive North Caucasus region.
The attack took place today morning as Muslims in Russia and around the world prepared for the feast that celebrates the end of the holy month of Ramadan.
An Islamic insurgency has spread throughout the North Caucasus, with militants staging near daily attacks on police and other authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row