Suicide bomber kills 7 Russian policemen
Rostov-On-Don: Investigators say a suicide bomber blew himself up at the funeral for a policeman in southern Russia, killing at least seven other policemen and badly wounding 12 others.
The funeral was being held at the home of an officer who had been shot dead the night before by militants in Ingushetia, one of the predominantly Muslim republics in Russia`s restive North Caucasus region.
The attack took place today morning as Muslims in Russia and around the world prepared for the feast that celebrates the end of the holy month of Ramadan.
An Islamic insurgency has spread throughout the North Caucasus, with militants staging near daily attacks on police and other authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred