Suicide bombers kill 10 in Nigeria
Abuja: Two suicide bombers on motorcycles rammed into a convoy carrying a senior Nigerian police officer on Monday, killing at least 10 people and wounding 26 others.
The attack which took place in Jalingo town in northern state of Taraba targeted the commissioner of police Mamman Sule who was on his way to office.
Sule escaped unhurt in the attack that came a day after motorcycles-borne assailants targeted Christian worshipers at elitist Bayero University in Kano city killing 20 persons.
Billows of smokes were seen at a nearby market and Ministry of Finance as the bombing caused massive damages and blew glass windows of the building.
Ten people, including the suicide bombers, died in the attack which left 26 injured.
Boko Haram sect had recently bombed houses of newspaper companies in Nigeria, including the influential `Thisday`, killing eight people.
The sect says it has an avowed mission of turning the country into an Islamic state with Sharia rule.
But some analysts think there are political motives behind its attacks which also targeted a United Nations building last year.
Nigeria has a population of 180 million, evenly divided among Christians and Muslims, with the former mostly found in the South while the latter in the North.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video