Suicide bombers kill 10 in Nigeria
Abuja: Two suicide bombers on motorcycles rammed into a convoy carrying a senior Nigerian police officer on Monday, killing at least 10 people and wounding 26 others.
The attack which took place in Jalingo town in northern state of Taraba targeted the commissioner of police Mamman Sule who was on his way to office.
Sule escaped unhurt in the attack that came a day after motorcycles-borne assailants targeted Christian worshipers at elitist Bayero University in Kano city killing 20 persons.
Billows of smokes were seen at a nearby market and Ministry of Finance as the bombing caused massive damages and blew glass windows of the building.
Ten people, including the suicide bombers, died in the attack which left 26 injured.
Boko Haram sect had recently bombed houses of newspaper companies in Nigeria, including the influential `Thisday`, killing eight people.
The sect says it has an avowed mission of turning the country into an Islamic state with Sharia rule.
But some analysts think there are political motives behind its attacks which also targeted a United Nations building last year.
Nigeria has a population of 180 million, evenly divided among Christians and Muslims, with the former mostly found in the South while the latter in the North.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends