Suicide bombing in Iraq kills 10
Baghdad: A suicide bomber Monday blew up an explosives-laden tanker truck near the police headquarters in Iraq`s central city of Tikrit, killing at least 10 people and wounding 30 others, police said.
The bomber blew up the tanker truck near the police office and a fuel facility in Tikrit, 170 km from Baghdad, a police source told Xinhua.
Seven of those killed and most of the wounded were policemen.
Police said the guards did not suspect the tanker truck because fuel tankers usually enter the nearby fuel facility to deliver gas and oil used by provincial government offices.
The blast destroyed parts of two buildings and set a huge fire at the oil facility.
No one claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan