Suicide bombing in Iraq kills 10
Baghdad: A suicide bomber Monday blew up an explosives-laden tanker truck near the police headquarters in Iraq`s central city of Tikrit, killing at least 10 people and wounding 30 others, police said.
The bomber blew up the tanker truck near the police office and a fuel facility in Tikrit, 170 km from Baghdad, a police source told Xinhua.
Seven of those killed and most of the wounded were policemen.
Police said the guards did not suspect the tanker truck because fuel tankers usually enter the nearby fuel facility to deliver gas and oil used by provincial government offices.
The blast destroyed parts of two buildings and set a huge fire at the oil facility.
No one claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption