Suicide bombing in Iraq kills 10
Baghdad: A suicide bomber Monday blew up an explosives-laden tanker truck near the police headquarters in Iraq`s central city of Tikrit, killing at least 10 people and wounding 30 others, police said.
The bomber blew up the tanker truck near the police office and a fuel facility in Tikrit, 170 km from Baghdad, a police source told Xinhua.
Seven of those killed and most of the wounded were policemen.
Police said the guards did not suspect the tanker truck because fuel tankers usually enter the nearby fuel facility to deliver gas and oil used by provincial government offices.
The blast destroyed parts of two buildings and set a huge fire at the oil facility.
No one claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt