Suicide bombing in Iraq kills 10
Baghdad: A suicide bomber Monday blew up an explosives-laden tanker truck near the police headquarters in Iraq`s central city of Tikrit, killing at least 10 people and wounding 30 others, police said.
The bomber blew up the tanker truck near the police office and a fuel facility in Tikrit, 170 km from Baghdad, a police source told Xinhua.
Seven of those killed and most of the wounded were policemen.
Police said the guards did not suspect the tanker truck because fuel tankers usually enter the nearby fuel facility to deliver gas and oil used by provincial government offices.
The blast destroyed parts of two buildings and set a huge fire at the oil facility.
No one claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday