Suicide bombing in Iraq kills 10
Baghdad: A suicide bomber Monday blew up an explosives-laden tanker truck near the police headquarters in Iraq`s central city of Tikrit, killing at least 10 people and wounding 30 others, police said.
The bomber blew up the tanker truck near the police office and a fuel facility in Tikrit, 170 km from Baghdad, a police source told Xinhua.
Seven of those killed and most of the wounded were policemen.
Police said the guards did not suspect the tanker truck because fuel tankers usually enter the nearby fuel facility to deliver gas and oil used by provincial government offices.
The blast destroyed parts of two buildings and set a huge fire at the oil facility.
No one claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic