Suicide bombing kills 2, injures 9 in Yemen
Sanna: At least two people were killed Saturday and nine others injured when a suicide bomber blew himself up, targeting a convoy of an anti-al Qaeda leader in Yemen’s southern province of Abyan, local medics said, adding more casualties are feared.
Mohammed Aydrus, the anti-al Qaeda leader, escaped unharmed, according to the sources.
On Sept. 22, four people were injured when a similar suicide bombing targeted a convoy of Abdul-Latif al-Saeed, a prominent leader of anti-al Qaeda militiamen, in Yemen`s southern port city of Aden.
Yemeni security authorities usually accuse militants of the Yemen-based al Qaeda offshoot of being behind armed attacks against military officials and army bases.
Attacks and raids have continued since the country`s political turmoil last year, when scores of al Qaeda militants took control of certain areas in the restive south but were later purged in army offensive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why