Suicide bombing kills 2, injures 9 in Yemen
Sanna: At least two people were killed Saturday and nine others injured when a suicide bomber blew himself up, targeting a convoy of an anti-al Qaeda leader in Yemen’s southern province of Abyan, local medics said, adding more casualties are feared.
Mohammed Aydrus, the anti-al Qaeda leader, escaped unharmed, according to the sources.
On Sept. 22, four people were injured when a similar suicide bombing targeted a convoy of Abdul-Latif al-Saeed, a prominent leader of anti-al Qaeda militiamen, in Yemen`s southern port city of Aden.
Yemeni security authorities usually accuse militants of the Yemen-based al Qaeda offshoot of being behind armed attacks against military officials and army bases.
Attacks and raids have continued since the country`s political turmoil last year, when scores of al Qaeda militants took control of certain areas in the restive south but were later purged in army offensive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’