Suicide bombing kills 2, injures 9 in Yemen
Sanna: At least two people were killed Saturday and nine others injured when a suicide bomber blew himself up, targeting a convoy of an anti-al Qaeda leader in Yemen’s southern province of Abyan, local medics said, adding more casualties are feared.
Mohammed Aydrus, the anti-al Qaeda leader, escaped unharmed, according to the sources.
On Sept. 22, four people were injured when a similar suicide bombing targeted a convoy of Abdul-Latif al-Saeed, a prominent leader of anti-al Qaeda militiamen, in Yemen`s southern port city of Aden.
Yemeni security authorities usually accuse militants of the Yemen-based al Qaeda offshoot of being behind armed attacks against military officials and army bases.
Attacks and raids have continued since the country`s political turmoil last year, when scores of al Qaeda militants took control of certain areas in the restive south but were later purged in army offensive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it