Suicide bombing near French embassy in Mauritania
Nouakchott: A suicide bomber has died after staging an explosion near the French embassy in the Mauritanian capital Nouakchott, as two members of staff were jogging nearby, police and embassy staff said.
The blast took place yesterday.
"Two French nationals, security employees at the French embassy, were near the man at the moment of the blast," embassy official Marc Flattot said.
"They are in hospital, they are unharmed, but in shock," he added.
"The Westerners are in hospital but their lives are not in danger," a police official said.
The bomber had a belt laden with explosives, police said, adding that he staged the explosion a little before 7:00 pm local time near the wall of the French embassy complex in Nouakchott.
The attack comes three days after the west African country`s coup leader, who staged a widely condemned putsch a year ago, took power in the former French colony following contested elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head