Suicide bombing near French embassy in Mauritania
Nouakchott: A suicide bomber has died after staging an explosion near the French embassy in the Mauritanian capital Nouakchott, as two members of staff were jogging nearby, police and embassy staff said.
The blast took place yesterday.
"Two French nationals, security employees at the French embassy, were near the man at the moment of the blast," embassy official Marc Flattot said.
"They are in hospital, they are unharmed, but in shock," he added.
"The Westerners are in hospital but their lives are not in danger," a police official said.
The bomber had a belt laden with explosives, police said, adding that he staged the explosion a little before 7:00 pm local time near the wall of the French embassy complex in Nouakchott.
The attack comes three days after the west African country`s coup leader, who staged a widely condemned putsch a year ago, took power in the former French colony following contested elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie