Suicide car bomber kills two police in Russian Caucasus
Moscow: A suicide bomber blew up an
explosives-filled car at a checkpost in Russia`s restive North
Caucasus region of Dagestan on Thursday, killing two Russian police,
The attacker struck the checkpoint in the Kazbekovsky
district, about 100 kilometres (60 miles) west of Dagestan`s
capital of Makhachkala, at around 1600 GMT, the investigative
committee of prosecutors said in a statement.
"Driving near a police post the suicide bomber activated
an explosive device attached to the Lada Prioria model
vehicle. As a result, two policemen were killed while another
seven people were wounded," it said.
The blast comes just weeks after 12 people were killed
in a double suicide attack in Dagestan, on the heels of
coordinated suicide bombings on the Moscow metro that claimed
the lives of 39 people.
Russian authorities are struggling to quash a Muslim
insurgency in the country`s volatile North Caucasus region,
which includes Dagestan, Ingushetia and Chechnya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'