`Super PAC` for Hillary`s presidential bid launched
Washington: A group of supporters of former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, have come together to launch a campaign group or `Super PAC` to support her presidential bid in the 2016 elections.
The group "Ready for Hillary" is a Super PAC, a political action committee (PAC) that is a type of organisation that campaigns for or against candidates, ballot initiatives or legislation.
However, Clinton who relinquished the post of top US diplomat of the US in February this year is not personally involved in this Super PAC, nor has she endorsed it.
Clinton, who is scheduled to give her first paid speech in Texas later this month, has been muted on the issue after she stepped down as Secretary of State.
"We are going to keep up the energy and excitement surrounding her potential candidacy. To succeed, we need to start building an extensive field programme - getting neighbours talking to neighbours, organising on college campuses, and putting together the winning team of supporters that will help Hillary win in 2016," Ready for Hillary PAC Chairwoman Allida Black said in a statement.
"Together, let`s send a resounding message that America is ready for Hillary. Stand with us today!" she said.
In a press statement, the group said, it is off to a `super` start, with an average one thousand grassroots supporters joining its efforts every single day.
"Even before the impending official launch of the PAC, more than 100,000 grassroots supporters are now part of our network," the statement said.
The super PAC was co-founded in January by Black, a human rights advocate, historian and longtime Clinton supporter and Adam Parkhomenko, Clinton`s political staff member from 2003 to 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says