`Super PAC` for Hillary`s presidential bid launched
Washington: A group of supporters of former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, have come together to launch a campaign group or `Super PAC` to support her presidential bid in the 2016 elections.
The group "Ready for Hillary" is a Super PAC, a political action committee (PAC) that is a type of organisation that campaigns for or against candidates, ballot initiatives or legislation.
However, Clinton who relinquished the post of top US diplomat of the US in February this year is not personally involved in this Super PAC, nor has she endorsed it.
Clinton, who is scheduled to give her first paid speech in Texas later this month, has been muted on the issue after she stepped down as Secretary of State.
"We are going to keep up the energy and excitement surrounding her potential candidacy. To succeed, we need to start building an extensive field programme - getting neighbours talking to neighbours, organising on college campuses, and putting together the winning team of supporters that will help Hillary win in 2016," Ready for Hillary PAC Chairwoman Allida Black said in a statement.
"Together, let`s send a resounding message that America is ready for Hillary. Stand with us today!" she said.
In a press statement, the group said, it is off to a `super` start, with an average one thousand grassroots supporters joining its efforts every single day.
"Even before the impending official launch of the PAC, more than 100,000 grassroots supporters are now part of our network," the statement said.
The super PAC was co-founded in January by Black, a human rights advocate, historian and longtime Clinton supporter and Adam Parkhomenko, Clinton`s political staff member from 2003 to 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA