`Super PAC` for Hillary`s presidential bid launched
Washington: A group of supporters of former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, have come together to launch a campaign group or `Super PAC` to support her presidential bid in the 2016 elections.
The group "Ready for Hillary" is a Super PAC, a political action committee (PAC) that is a type of organisation that campaigns for or against candidates, ballot initiatives or legislation.
However, Clinton who relinquished the post of top US diplomat of the US in February this year is not personally involved in this Super PAC, nor has she endorsed it.
Clinton, who is scheduled to give her first paid speech in Texas later this month, has been muted on the issue after she stepped down as Secretary of State.
"We are going to keep up the energy and excitement surrounding her potential candidacy. To succeed, we need to start building an extensive field programme - getting neighbours talking to neighbours, organising on college campuses, and putting together the winning team of supporters that will help Hillary win in 2016," Ready for Hillary PAC Chairwoman Allida Black said in a statement.
"Together, let`s send a resounding message that America is ready for Hillary. Stand with us today!" she said.
In a press statement, the group said, it is off to a `super` start, with an average one thousand grassroots supporters joining its efforts every single day.
"Even before the impending official launch of the PAC, more than 100,000 grassroots supporters are now part of our network," the statement said.
The super PAC was co-founded in January by Black, a human rights advocate, historian and longtime Clinton supporter and Adam Parkhomenko, Clinton`s political staff member from 2003 to 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe