‘Superpower’ China to produce genius babies
Beijing: In its relentless pursuit to be the world’s next big superpower, China is believed to be working on a project to produce genius babies.
According to a Vice news report, Monday, scientists in China have collected DNA samples of 2,000 of the world’s smartest people.
The scientists at the BGI (Beijing Genomics Institute) Shenzhen are now sequencing the entire genomes in a bid to recognise the alleles which determine human intelligence.
Once it is done, embryo screening will let parents choose their brightest zygote.
The process will reportedly improve every generation`s intelligence by up to 15 IQ points.
Already known as the world’s factory, it remains to be seen whether China can tweak the evolutionary process to ‘manufacture’ children who will match its needs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming