‘Superpower’ China to produce genius babies
Beijing: In its relentless pursuit to be the world’s next big superpower, China is believed to be working on a project to produce genius babies.
According to a Vice news report, Monday, scientists in China have collected DNA samples of 2,000 of the world’s smartest people.
The scientists at the BGI (Beijing Genomics Institute) Shenzhen are now sequencing the entire genomes in a bid to recognise the alleles which determine human intelligence.
Once it is done, embryo screening will let parents choose their brightest zygote.
The process will reportedly improve every generation`s intelligence by up to 15 IQ points.
Already known as the world’s factory, it remains to be seen whether China can tweak the evolutionary process to ‘manufacture’ children who will match its needs.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!