‘Superpower’ China to produce genius babies
Beijing: In its relentless pursuit to be the world’s next big superpower, China is believed to be working on a project to produce genius babies.
According to a Vice news report, Monday, scientists in China have collected DNA samples of 2,000 of the world’s smartest people.
The scientists at the BGI (Beijing Genomics Institute) Shenzhen are now sequencing the entire genomes in a bid to recognise the alleles which determine human intelligence.
Once it is done, embryo screening will let parents choose their brightest zygote.
The process will reportedly improve every generation`s intelligence by up to 15 IQ points.
Already known as the world’s factory, it remains to be seen whether China can tweak the evolutionary process to ‘manufacture’ children who will match its needs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack