Supporters of ousted leader plan Honduras marches
Tegucigalpa: Supporters of ousted Honduran president Manuel Zelaya plan to begin a five-day march on the country`s two main cities starting on Wednesday, organisers said.
"There will be two marches with people from all over the country. One will go to San Pedro Sula and another to Tegucigalpa," Juan Barahona of a group called the National Resistance Against the Honduran Coup said.
The plan comes amid continued high tensions in the Central American nation, more than a month after Zelaya was bundled out of the country in a military-backed coup.
On Saturday, a Honduran teacher died after being shot in the head while protesting against the de facto government, which threatened to crack down on future demonstrations.
Witnesses have said the man was shot when hundreds of police officers charged a crowd of pro-Zelaya marchers.
He became the third Zelaya supporter to be killed since the coup on June 28.
On Tuesday, Zelaya is expected to travel to Mexico on the invitation of President Felipe Calderon, a member of Zelaya`s entourage said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31