Suspect charged in Texas airport explosives case
Midland (US): Authorities have charged a
member of the US military who was arrested after trying to go
through a security checkpoint at a Texas airport with
explosives in military-grade wrapping.
The FBI says the suspect is 30-year-old Trey Scott
Atwater. Atwater was stopped at Midland International Airport
about 9 am yesterday.
FBI spokesman Mike Martinez said Sunday that Atwater is
at the Midland County jail and charged with trying to bring
explosives onto an airplane.
He will remain in custody at least until his arraignment
Atwater and his family had been visiting relatives and
were on their way back to his base in North Carolina. Atwater
had a reservation on a Saturday flight to Dallas-Fort Worth.
It`s unclear whether he was in military uniform or how many
explosives were in the bag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi