Suspect charged in Texas airport explosives case
Midland (US): Authorities have charged a
member of the US military who was arrested after trying to go
through a security checkpoint at a Texas airport with
explosives in military-grade wrapping.
The FBI says the suspect is 30-year-old Trey Scott
Atwater. Atwater was stopped at Midland International Airport
about 9 am yesterday.
FBI spokesman Mike Martinez said Sunday that Atwater is
at the Midland County jail and charged with trying to bring
explosives onto an airplane.
He will remain in custody at least until his arraignment
Atwater and his family had been visiting relatives and
were on their way back to his base in North Carolina. Atwater
had a reservation on a Saturday flight to Dallas-Fort Worth.
It`s unclear whether he was in military uniform or how many
explosives were in the bag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway