Suspect in US anti-Jewish vandalism surrenders
Bloomington: An Indiana University employee accused of committing one of a series of acts of anti-Jewish vandalism in the college town of Bloomington has surrendered to face a criminal mischief charge.
The Herald-Times reports that 54-year-old Mark Zacharias turned himself in at the Monroe County Jail just before noon and later posted bond. He would not comment as he climbed into a waiting car, and a phone listing for him could not be found.
He allegedly threw a rock on November 30 that shattered the glass of an information board at IU`s at Goodbody Hall, which houses the school`s Jewish studies program.
Hutton Honours College Dean Matthew Auer said Zacharias has worked as a scholarship coordinator at the school since 2003 but was suspended with pay on December 09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’