Suspect in US anti-Jewish vandalism surrenders
Bloomington: An Indiana University employee accused of committing one of a series of acts of anti-Jewish vandalism in the college town of Bloomington has surrendered to face a criminal mischief charge.
The Herald-Times reports that 54-year-old Mark Zacharias turned himself in at the Monroe County Jail just before noon and later posted bond. He would not comment as he climbed into a waiting car, and a phone listing for him could not be found.
He allegedly threw a rock on November 30 that shattered the glass of an information board at IU`s at Goodbody Hall, which houses the school`s Jewish studies program.
Hutton Honours College Dean Matthew Auer said Zacharias has worked as a scholarship coordinator at the school since 2003 but was suspended with pay on December 09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Donald Trump fires his national political director - campaign sources
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon urges dialogue with North Korea
- Joe Biden urges Cyprus leaders to resume talks
- Gujarat Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel to be produced in court for insulting tricolour
- Doctors in Delhi Govt hospitals to go on strike over salaries, allowance