Suspect in US anti-Jewish vandalism surrenders
Bloomington: An Indiana University employee accused of committing one of a series of acts of anti-Jewish vandalism in the college town of Bloomington has surrendered to face a criminal mischief charge.
The Herald-Times reports that 54-year-old Mark Zacharias turned himself in at the Monroe County Jail just before noon and later posted bond. He would not comment as he climbed into a waiting car, and a phone listing for him could not be found.
He allegedly threw a rock on November 30 that shattered the glass of an information board at IU`s at Goodbody Hall, which houses the school`s Jewish studies program.
Hutton Honours College Dean Matthew Auer said Zacharias has worked as a scholarship coordinator at the school since 2003 but was suspended with pay on December 09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'