Suspect in US anti-Jewish vandalism surrenders
Bloomington: An Indiana University employee accused of committing one of a series of acts of anti-Jewish vandalism in the college town of Bloomington has surrendered to face a criminal mischief charge.
The Herald-Times reports that 54-year-old Mark Zacharias turned himself in at the Monroe County Jail just before noon and later posted bond. He would not comment as he climbed into a waiting car, and a phone listing for him could not be found.
He allegedly threw a rock on November 30 that shattered the glass of an information board at IU`s at Goodbody Hall, which houses the school`s Jewish studies program.
Hutton Honours College Dean Matthew Auer said Zacharias has worked as a scholarship coordinator at the school since 2003 but was suspended with pay on December 09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi