Suspect in US anti-Jewish vandalism surrenders
Bloomington: An Indiana University employee accused of committing one of a series of acts of anti-Jewish vandalism in the college town of Bloomington has surrendered to face a criminal mischief charge.
The Herald-Times reports that 54-year-old Mark Zacharias turned himself in at the Monroe County Jail just before noon and later posted bond. He would not comment as he climbed into a waiting car, and a phone listing for him could not be found.
He allegedly threw a rock on November 30 that shattered the glass of an information board at IU`s at Goodbody Hall, which houses the school`s Jewish studies program.
Hutton Honours College Dean Matthew Auer said Zacharias has worked as a scholarship coordinator at the school since 2003 but was suspended with pay on December 09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown