Suspect is dead in California shooting of 5: Police
Inglewood: A man found dead at the property where five members of a Southern California family were shot, including two fatally, was the neighbour suspected in the shooting, police said.
Desmond John Moses, 55, was found with a fatal gunshot wound to the head, holding a handgun and wearing body armor, police said in a statement. The Los Angeles County coroner`s office identified his body after an autopsy.
Moses set his backyard bungalow ablaze early Saturday before spraying bullets at the family who lived in the front house because he blamed them for an eviction notice he had received from their landlord, police said.
Investigators believe Moses entered the family`s home around 4 am wearing a dark cap and a white painter`s mask.
Filimon Lamas, the father of the family, was fatally shot while shielding three of his children, and his 4-year-old son also died, police Chief Mark Fronterotta said.
Gloria Jiminez, the 28-year-old mother, was shot in both legs but managed to carry her son out of the house.
Paramedics found Jimenez collapsed on the street. The child, who had bullet wounds to his head, later died at a hospital.
Authorities said Moses fired 10 times, also wounding a 7-year-old girl in the chest and a 6-year-old boy in the pelvis. An 8-year-old boy escaped injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror