Suspect of Canadian university shooting arrested
Vancouver: The suspect in Friday`s University of Alberta shooting in the Canadian city of Edmonton has been arrested, authorities said on Saturday evening.
Travis Baumgartner, 21, was seized by US border authorities while attempting to cross into the United States, according to the Edmonton Police Service.
Canadian police officials are on their way to bring back the suspect, who is wanted on three counts of first degree murder and one count of attempted murder, the police said.
Police believe that Baumgartner, an armed guard, is the primary suspect in an armed robbery in which he shot and killed three of his fellow colleagues and seriously injured another while making a delivery to a bank located at the University of Alberta campus after midnight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...